Hey Ladies! Here is another 5×5 Challenge for you and guess what? Its to get those legs nice and sexy for shorts weather!
Want to feel confident walking down the street in shorts? Maybe you just bought a cute skirt you want to show off. Well there’s no other way to help you feel confident and feeling great then exercising those legs. It won’t even take you away from all that other important stuff you need to get don’t throughout your day. I promise! I only need 10-15 minutes of your time. Yes! That’s right, it doesn’t take much at all. Exercising your legs is very important. Your legs contain one of the body’s largest muscle groups which includes your hamstrings, gluteal muscles, and quadriceps. Making sure they are nice and strong is key.
After a long day at the office my body is usually fairly stiff. My knees feel sore and my back is tight. To get my joints moving and warmed up I like to do a quick leg exercise routine to help with that. Having fresh blood pump through my body allows me to feel refreshed and energized! After a workout I like to do a light stretching routine to help stretch out my stiff muscles and increase my joint range of motion. If you like to see how I perform my exercise routine you can check it out right here 🙂
Exercising your legs not only makes them look toned and sexy but it also provides many other benefits as well. These benefits include increasing your body’s metabolism, improving your body’s balance and proprioception, and reducing your risk of injury. Toning up large muscle groups helps to speed up your body’s metabolism which allows your body to burn more calories. Exercising large muscle groups requires your heart to ‘work’ a little harder at pumping blood throughout the body to get to those muscles moving, compared to exercising the smaller muscles groups.
Exercising your lower body will also help you increase your body’s balance and proprioception. For example, if you are walking through an icy patch in the winter, there is nothing a large bicep can do to help you conquer your way though it. Having the appropriate lower body stability and balance will allow you to have the strength to get though difficult tasks like that.
Are you excited to get working out now? I know I am! Get started with these 5 simple exercises! So check them out 🙂
Perform these 5 exercises for 5 sets with 10 repetitions each. Goodluck and have fun ladies! 🙂
1. Plie Squats
- Stand with your feet slightly over shoulder width apart. Turn your feet outwards away from the body.
- Keep your head up and maintain a straight back.
- Your thighs should be parallel to the ground while descending
- Push up from the ground with your heels
** To make this exercise more challenging, add a heavy weight.
2. Bottom Leg Lifts
- Lay on the ground laterally on your side
- Support your body with your opposite arm supported in front of your chest
- Keep your back straight and our body in line
- Contract your abdominal muscles to help support your spine
- Lift your leg up and down in a pulsing manner
3. Lateral Kicks
- Stand with legs shoulder width apart
- Keep back straight and head up
- Squat down pushing up from the heels
- On you
r way up from the squat lift one leg and kick it outwards laterally
- Flex your abdominal muscles to help support the spine and keep your back straight
- Repeat the same process on each side.
4. Jumping Jacks
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart
- Jump in the air and and in one motion spread your feet out and lift your arms over your head
- Reverse the motion by bringing your hands down by your side and bringing your feet back together
- Repeat this consecutively throughout the set
5. Curtsy Lunges
- Start by standing with your feet shoulders width apart
- Step your left leg behind you and to the right so your thighs cross, bending both knees as if you were curtsying.
- Return to standing, and switch sides to complete one rep.